Modification and Enforcement of Existing Divorce Judgments

Divorce Lawyer in Angleton, Texas

If you are involved in efforts to modify or enforce a divorce order, you want an experienced family law attorney to protect your interests. Whether you seek to modify or enforce the decree, or want to challenge modification or enforcement efforts, you want a lawyer who knows the law and legal process, and who will make certain your rights are safeguarded.

At the Law Office of Mark B. Jones, in Angleton, TX we have more than 18 years of experience representing men and women in south Texas in family law matters, including divorce modification and enforcement proceedings. We take an aggressive stance, combining vigorous advocacy with caring and compassionate counsel. We emphasize personal service and open communication, keeping you updated on all developments in your case, as well as your options, so that you can make informed decisions that protect your future.

To schedule a meeting, contact us online or call us at 979-849-8076.

Our Divorce Modification Practice

We assist men and women who are involved in hearings or motions to modify an existing divorce order, whether you are seeking a change to a divorce decree or want to fight efforts to amend a judgment. We handle modification proceedings involving all types of requests, including:

  • Motions by custodial or noncustodial parents to change custody or visitation arrangements, whether because of relocation, health matters, a change in work schedule or other circumstances
  • Requests to modify child support or spousal support payments because of a change in the income of either parent, or the needs of the child
  • Requests for change of custody or for restrictions on visitation due to the needs of the child or as a result of concerns about the welfare or well-being of the child

Protecting Your Rights in an Enforcement Proceeding

We will help you protect your interests in hearings to enforce the terms of a divorce judgment, whether your dispute involves disagreements regarding custody and visitation, or the payment of support. We have extensive experience handling contempt proceedings, representing both petitioners and respondents.

Though we have the trial experience to effectively represent you in court, attorney Jones is also a certified family law mediator. So we can help you work cooperatively with your ex-spouse to resolve differences regarding the modification or enforcement of a divorce decree. We also have considerable negotiation skills and will work directly with opposing counsel, if possible, to work out an agreement that meets your needs.

Contact Us

We offer a private consultation to every client. To schedule a meeting with an experienced south Texas family law attorney, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 979-849-8076. We are available evenings and weekends upon request. Our office is in Angleton, TX two blocks south of the courthouse, in the historic W.D. Evans building. We accept credit cards and offer payment plans.

The Law Office of Mark B. Jones represents clients in family law matters including Divorce, Grandparents’ Rights, Child Custody and Visitation, Adoptions, Child Support and Modification & Enforcement throughout Brazoria County and South Texas including Angelton, West Columbia, Texas, Wild Peach Village, Brazoria, Lake Jackson, Clute, Richwood, Danbury and Bailey’s Prairie, TX.

Attorney Mark B. Jones is BV-rated under Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Rating System.*

*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.

Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.